— Ann 🇦🇺💞 (@AnnQld1) January 4, 2017
Serve the Lord in your work by working hard for Him.
1. Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
2. Colossians 3:23-24 Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.
3. 1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
4. Romans 12:11-12 Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.
Don’t talk about it be about it.
5. Proverbs 14:23-24 All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. The wealth of the wise is their crown, but the folly of fools yields folly.
6. Philippians 2:14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing,
7. 2 Timothy 2:6-7 And hardworking farmers should be the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor. Think about what I am saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things.
8. Proverbs 10:4-5 Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. He who gathers crops in summer is a prudent son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son.
9. Proverbs 6:7-8 Though they have no prince or governor or ruler to make them work, they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter.
10. Proverbs 12:24 Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.
11. Proverbs 28:19-20 A hard worker has plenty of food, but a person who chases fantasies ends up in poverty. The trustworthy person will get a rich reward, but a person who wants quick riches will get into trouble.
There is a difference between working hard and overworking yourself which Scripture doesn’t condone.
12. Psalm 127:1-2 Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.
13. Ecclesiastes 1:2-3 “Everything is meaningless,” says the Teacher, “completely meaningless!” What do people get for all their hard work under the sun?
Work hard to help others in need.
14. Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Don’t be a lazy couch potato.
15. Proverbs 13:4 Lazy people want much but get little, but those who work hard will prosper.
16. 2 Thessalonians 3:10 While we were with you, we gave you the order: “Whoever doesn’t want to work shouldn’t be allowed to eat.”
17. 2 Thessalonians 3:11-12 We hear that some people in your group refuse to work. They are doing nothing except being busy in the lives of others. Our instruction to them is to stop bothering others, to start working and earn their own food. It is by the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ that we are urging them to do this.
18. Proverbs 18:9-10 A lazy person is as bad as someone who destroys things. The name of the LORD is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe.
19. Proverbs 20:13 If you love sleep, you will end in poverty. Keep your eyes open, and there will be plenty to eat!
We must never work hard in wickedness.
20. Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
21. Proverbs 4:14-17 Don’t take the path of the wicked; don’t follow those who do evil. Stay away from that path; don’t even go near it. Turn around and go another way. The wicked cannot sleep until they have done something evil. They will not rest until they bring someone down. Evil and violence are their food and drink.
22.Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
23. Revelation 2:2-3 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.
24. 1 Corinthians 4:12-13 We work wearily with our own hands to earn our living. We bless those who curse us. We are patient with those who abuse us. We appeal gently when evil things are said about us. Yet we are treated like the world’s garbage, like everybody’s trash–right up to the present moment.
25. Genesis 29:18-21 Jacob loved Rachel. And he said, “I will serve you seven years for your younger daughter Rachel.” Laban said, “It is better that I give her to you than that I should give her to any other man; stay with me.” So Jacob served seven years for Rachel, and they seemed to him but a few days because of the love he had for her. Then Jacob said to Laban, “Give me my wife that I may go in to her, for my time is completed.”
The Ghent Altarpiece, “Adoration of the Lamb”
REVELATION CHAPTER SEVEN
1 And then I saw four angels standing at
The earth’s four corners, holding back the earth’s
Four winds from blowing on the land, the sea,
Or any tree, 2 and then I saw another
Angel ascending from the east, who had
The Great Seal of the Living God. He cried
To the four angels who’d been given power
To harm the land and sea: 3 “Don’t harm the land
Or sea or trees until we put a seal upon
The foreheads of the servants of our God.”
4 One hundred and forty-four thousand from
The tribes of Israel received the mark:
5 Judah 12,000
6 Asher 12,000
7 Simeon 12,000
8 Zebulun 12,000
9 When this was done I looked again. Before
My eyes appeared a multitude beyond
A man’s capacity to count, who came
From every nation, people, tribe, and tongue.
They stood before the Lamb’s throne in white robes.
Holding palm branches in their hands; 10 and they
Shouted, “Our God, who sits upon the throne,
Has the authority to save his people,
As does the Lamb.” 11 The angels standing ‘round
The throne knelt there with them, their faces to
The ground, and the four living creatures
Knelt with them. They all worshiped God 12 and said,
“Amen! May praise and glory, wisdom, thanks
And honor, strength and power be our God’s
Forever and forever! So be it!”
13 One elder asked me, “Do you know who these
Are, dressed in white robes?” 14 “Sir,” I said, “You know.”
He told me, “These are they who have
Come out of the great tribulation; they
Have washed their robes in the Lamb’s blood and made
Them white, 15 which tells why they’re before the throne
Of God to serve him day and night inside
His temple. He who sits upon the throne
Will spread his tent to cover them. 16 They will
Not hunger anymore, nor will they thirst.
They’ll be protected from the scorching heat
17 Because the Lamb before the throne will be
Their shepherd; and he will direct and guide
Them to the springs of living water here;
And God will wipe away their every tear.