Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.
~William A. Ward
The way to resumption is to resume.
~Salmon Portland Chase (1808–1873) was an American politician and jurist who served as U.S. Senator from Ohio and the 23rd Governor of Ohio; as U.S. Treasury Secretary under President Abraham Lincoln; and as the sixth Chief Justice of the United States.
Never confuse the size of your paycheck with the size of your talent.
~John Maynard Keynes, (1883–1946), British economist
Managers think of themselves as captains of a ship on a stormy sea. Risk for them is danger, but they are fighting it, very controlled.
My friends thought I was crazy, that I should wait until I was dead. But I was determined. It is easy to promise but action is different.
Willingness to change is a strength, even if it means plunging part of the company into total confusion for a while.
Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men.
Every work which he began in the service of the house of God in law and in commandment, seeking his God, he did with all his heart and prospered.
~2 Chronicles 31:21
From the Movies
You throw money around like it was money.
~Jack Burden, All the King’s Men (1949), by Robert Rossen (1908–1966), American screenwriter, film director, and producer,
Follow the money.
~William Goldman, All the President’s Men, a 1976 Academy Award-winning political thriller film based on the 1974 non-fiction book of the same name by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, the two journalists investigating the Watergate scandal for The Washington Post.
While the President, Vice President, and other leaders turn with the wind like Satan’s puppets, God’s Word remains the same.
Summary of Biblical Arguments Against Gay Marriage
1. God lists “homosexual offenders” among “the wicked” (1 Corinthians 6:9).
2. God lists “homosexual offenders” among those who He determines will “not inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Corinthians 6:9).
3. Historically, homosexuality has incurred God’s destructive wrath upon an entire city (Gen. 19:4-5, 11-13).
4. God’s word defines the men of Sodom as “sinning greatly” because of their men having sex with men (Genesis 13:13; 19:5).
5. God calls Sodom’s sin “sexual perversion” (Jude 1:7). Societies that remain in perversion (Sodom, Rome…) are on the road to destruction.
6. God’s word identifies husband-wife relations as “natural relations” and homosexual relations as “unnatural ones” (Romans 1:26-27) and “perversion” (vs. 27).
7. God’s word also rebukes those who “approve of those who practice” homosexuality (Romans 1:32).
8. Jesus settled the marriage issue once for all, declaring that God had made them “male and female … a man … [and] his wife” (Matthew 19:4-5). Jesus’ affirmation of the heterosexual definition of marriage left no room for same sex marriages.
~by Pastor Jim Feeney, Ph.D.
Preached at South Valley Church, Phoenix, Oregon, March 10, 2004
Good job, North Carolina, for your amendment to ban gay marriage. Marriage is between one man and one woman. God ordained it. Keep it that way.
My new book in my “1001 Quotations” series is Money Tips and Sayings. Check it out at amazon. Here are some excerpts:
One today is worth two tomorrows.
Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
54. Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants.
Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.
Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.
Fears are nothing more than a state of mind.
First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.
Arizona Governor Jan Brewer demonstrated her courage. She blocked funding to the Planned Parenthood. It’s bad enough that Planned Parenthood kills millions of babies a year in the name of “women’s rights.” Taxpayers should not have to pay for the carnage and child sacrifice.
My new kindle title is 1001 Money Tips and Sayings.
Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.~Benjamin Franklin
Sprinkled throughout the book are this and 1000 other pithy tips and sayings. 1001 Money Tips and Sayings is title number two in my “1001” series. You’ll learn financial insights and you’ll be entertained by the wit and wisdom of people from all walks of life.
The book has quotations for each day of the year, and for ready reference features a table of contents and an index.
Blind Chinese dissident-lawyer Chen Guangcheng has now appealed for asylum for his family and himself in the United States. Bring his family and him to the United States.
The Senate Democrats have not passed a budget in three years. This is despicable. We pay them to do a job, and they have been derelict in their duties.
The deficit equals the Gross National Product. This country is falling, and the dollar will fall. One reason: In the last week women in the United States had 805,000 abortions. A nation can’t legalize child sacrifice then expect the blessings of God.